What is PIFD?
Pakistan institute of fashion and designing (PIFD) is a recognized and also the leading fashion institute in Pakistan. This institute is located in the historical city of Pakistan, Lahore which is also the provincial capital. This institute was established to encourage the talent among people of the country in fashion and designing. Pakistan institute of fashion and designing was established in 1984 under section 42 of companies’ ordinance. This institute introduces many various types of fashion designing courses to polish the creativity skills of the young generation. The students of Pakistan institute of fashion and designing become famous designers of the future. The institute offers different types of programs which emphasis on rising skills of youngsters, growth of individual creativity and learning about new trends and new fashions all around the world.
This institute not only teaches the new generation practical work but it also teaches theoretical work.
Admissions offered by this institute is offered once a year and it’s admissions are strictly based on merits. The seats of this institute are allocated to all provinces of the country. The government through the institute has given in seven districts of Punjab that are Lahore, Faisalabad, Shekhupura, Chiniot, Narowaal, Gujranwala and in Sargodha monthly Pkrs 1500 scholarships along with free technical courses. The courses are
- fashion designing and detail
- flat pattern making
- industrial machine sewing
- and Ape-real merchandising.
For better job opportunities, Pakistan institute of fashion and designing, with the financial help of the Punjab skills development funds, under the supervision of foreign educated teachers, professional development scheme like Skills for Garments has been introduced to start free short technical courses. During the admissions for these courses professional eligibility,honesty and moral values are given worth importance. The main to have an admission in these courses are following
- every course mentioned has 25 seats for its candidates. 5 classes will be conducted in a week.
- the candidates age limit is between 18-40. and every candidate can apply in only one course in one time.
- the candidates which have already taken professional training through PSDF are not eligible for admissions.
- the present employees of Pakistan institute of fashion and designing, old students of institute or such people which have done short courses from the institute are also not eligible for admissions.
- after the interview jobless, less income people and the people with professional skills will be given admissions on merit.
- for fashion designing and detail making and for flat pattern making at least the candidate should have done metric.
- for industrial machine sewing at least the candidate should be middle pass.
- for ape-real merchandising the candidate should be at least B.A pass.
- desiring candidates should bring some essential documents with them like all certified educational certificate’s photocopies,computerized NIC or bay form,domicile and 6 snaps of the candidate.
- these courses will be conducted on the institute in the district Lahore and the institute will not provide candidates the services of transport and hostel. The students have to manage themselves.
- the admission forms can be received with in office timing that are 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- the candidates which have the identity card of the above mentioned districts are only capable of applying and taking admissions.
Some Last Words For It:
Final merit list of institute is displayed on the notice board and on the websites of Pakistan institute of fashion and design.
The admissions of the institute is based on merit and the institute does not compromises on it’s merit. That’s why the institute produces many talented and upcoming future famous designers!!!
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore Admission 2015
Admission Form 2015:
- Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore (PIFD) Admission Form 2015 can be download from www.pifd.edu.pk
- Transport facility will be subject to availability
Submission of Application Form for Admission:
Fee Structure In Rupees
Admission Fee/Reg. Fee (Once at the time of admission) 10,000
Security Deposits Once(Refundable) 10,000
Tution Fee Per Semester 92,610
Medical Fee Per Semester 1,000
Workshop Fee Per Semester 1,500
Other Fee Per Semester 500
Examination Fee Per Semester 1,000
Punjab including Federal Area of Islamabad 50%
Sindh including Karachi (Rural 60%, Urban 40% of 20%) 20%
Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa 12%
Azad Jammu & Kashmir 5%
Gilgit Baltistan/ FATA 5%
Address of PIFD:-
51-J/3, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan
TEL: +92 42 3531 5401 – 09
FAX: +92 42 3530 3998 / +92 42 3531 5420